Confidence is the most beautiful thing about a woman! 😀
I am super passionate about helping women BeYOUtiful --that’s the name of my talk! It's all about beauty, body image and the fact to you are most beautiful when you are being YOU --your authentic self.
But unfortunately, so many women struggle with being authentic and feeling beautiful.
But, here's the thing --feeling beautiful is a choice. You get to choose! And when you decide that you ARE beautiful, the energy that you give off is totally different! It's AWESOME! 😀
I wanted to share some shocking statistics on womens body image, and help you better understand the difference between negative and positive body image.
Body Image is:
Negative Body Image is:
~ A distorted perception of your shape
~ Convinced that only other people are attractive
~ Feeling ashamed, self-conscious, and anxious about your body
~ Feeling uncomfortable and awkward in your body
Positive Body Image is:
~A clear, true perception of your shape
~ Celebrate and appreciate your natural body shape
~ Proud and accepting of your unique body and refuse to spend an unreasonable amount of time worrying about food, weight, and calories
~ Comfortable and confident in your body
I've done TONS of research on this very important topic, and will share with you some super shocking (and saddening 🙁 ) stats:
Dove’s latest research from all around the world, women aren’t feeling confident in their own beauty. Here's the shocking stats on how many women say that they feel anxious about the way they look:
61% in the US
86% in China
56% in India
96% in the UK
72% in Brazil
• News coverage in 70 countries reported that only 18% of stories quote women, and the total number of women related stories barely came to 10% of total news coverage.
• 9% of airtime on major networks is devoted to women’s sports, in contrast to the 88% devoted to male athletes.
• The average girl will watch 5,000 hours of television, including 80,000 ads, before she starts kindergarten.
• 70% of the editorial content in teen mags for girls focuses on beauty and fashion.
• From 2002 to 2003, the number of girls 18 years old and younger who got breast implants nearly tripled, from 3,872 to 11,326
• Girls involved in athletic activities are much less concerned with how their bodies “look”.
• Commercials aimed at kids show girls in passive activities like laughing, talking and observing others 77% of the time
Author: CNN Health
Eating disorders have the highest mortality rate of any mental health disease in America. Take a look at these statistics from the National Eating Disorders Association.
Americans With Eating Disorders:
-13 million binge eat
-10 million women battle anorexia or bulimia
-1 million men battle anorexia or bulimia
Eating Disorder Related Hospitalizations:
-37% among men
-119% among children under 12 years old
Be sure to read my blog post on 6 Tips on How to Have Body Confidence