I was so thrilled to be booked to perform at Sparkling Hill Resort on New Years Eve. They had a Carnival Themed party for their guests --so I performed with my gold LED Isis Angel Wings in the lobby as guests arrived to the party, and also fire danced on the terrace.
The leading European-inspired health and wellness retreat in North America, Sparkling Hill Resort is the only resort in the world to incorporate 3.5 million Swarovski crystal elements into every aspect of its design.
The STUNNING 40,000 square foot European KurSpa that has a holistic approach to health and wellness --focusing on mind, body and spirit. They have seven, custom-designed aromatherapy steam rooms and saunas, indoor and outdoor pools, Kneipp Waterway, relaxation tea rooms, Serenity Room, Movement Room and a Cryo Cold Sauna. --the only wellness resort in North America offering cryo treatments (-110°C)
This breathtaking European-style spa resort is owned by Gernot Langes-Swarovski, patriarch of the famed Austrian crystal family. It prioritizes health and wellness above esthetics. Which I happen to LOVE!
The resort was built on top of a mountain ridge near the Monashee Mountains and it's overlooking Lake Okanagan =EPIC...I mean...EPIC views!!! You have to see it to believe it! 😀
The resort’s KurSpa, the largest in Canada! My super smart boyfriend (who is Polish & lived in Germany) figured out that "Kur" comes from the German word "kur" (which means 'healing') and spa (Latin for 'water') to mean 'health by water', which epitomizes the philosophy behind Sparkling Hill Resort's ultra luxurious wellness spa.
Here's the links to everything in case you wanna check it out:
- 7 Unique Steams & Saunas
- Traditional European preventative health begins here. Ease tension, increase circulation, and detoxify the body.
- Cryo Cold Sauna
- Give your immune and circulatory systems a boost in the only cold sauna in North America.
- Indoor Salt Water Pool
- Underwater music and a starry Swarovski crystal sky induce total body relaxation in our indoor salt water pool.
- Outdoor Infinity Pool
- Our year-round* outdoor infinity pool extends into sweeping views of Lake Okanagan.
- Hot Pool
- Spacious indoor hot tub to relax and refresh.
- Kneipp Waterway
- This 19th Century European water-stepping technique stimulates and invigorates the nervous and lymphatic systems.
- Serenity Room
- Relax with scenic Okanagan Lake and Monashee Mountain views in between treatments.
- Tea Room
- Enjoy the health benefits of sipping herbal tea following wellness treatments.
- Fitness Studio by Keiser
- FunFit equipment by Keiser provides a non-intimidating environment in which to increase strength, bone density, and stamina.
- Movement Studio
- A stunning mountainous backdrop enhances your yoga and meditation experience.
I loved all of the steams sauanas, dry saunas, pools and hot tub, but my two absolute faves were the Kniepp Walkway and the Rose Steam Sauna. The Kniepp Walkway is a European water-stepping technique stimulates and invigorates the nervous and lymphatic systems. There are 4 shallow pools that are in a walk-way and are all connected to one another --alternating from extreme hot to extreme cold. It feels SO awesome!
They also offer all sorts of wellness programs. But, let's keep it real, I was paid to be there for the New Years Eve party and wellness programs were not on my list of things to do! 😉
Also, I LOVED the fact that every room has beautiful sparkling crystals everywhere and a two-person soaking tubs AND a walk-through shower with spectacular views.
The New Years Eve party was such an extravagant event, complete with a magic show from Damien Carrier, a juggler, a photo booth, cotton candy machine, and my favourite snack...popcorn!
What a fantastic way to ring in 2017! 😀